Imagine waking up one morning, only to find out that your house is surrounded with thick snow. You don’t have a choice but take a shovel to clear the snow. This process can take hours to complete. What if it’s on a weekday, and you don’t have this much time? Well, the only thing that can help you here is not just a snow blowing machine, but the best snow blower.
You may not use it every day, but when you need this device, you need one that will work well, reliable, and last longer. The best snow slow blowers on the market will make your work easier when clearing the snow from your sidewalk, driveway, and other areas surrounding your compound during the winter months. Winter can be mild or extremely harsh, whatever the case may be, you don’t have to spend your precious time shoveling the snow with your hands anymore. All you need to do is fire up your moving slow blower and get the work done.
- 1 Top 5 Snow Blowers Comparison Chart
- 2 Top 10 Best Snow Blowers Reviews
- 2.1 1. Toro 38381 18-Inch 15 Amp Electric 1800 Power Curve Snow Blower
- 2.2 2. Snow Joe iON18SB Cordless Single Stage Snow Blower
- 2.3 3. Greenworks 20-Inch 12 Amp Corded Snow Thrower
- 2.4 4. Greenworks 20-Inch 13 Amp Corded Snow Thrower
- 2.5 5. Snow Joe SJ623E Electric Single Stage Snow Thrower
- 2.6 6. Greenworks PRO 20-Inch 80V Cordless Snow Thrower
- 2.7 7. Snow Joe SJ621 Electric Single Stage Snow Thrower
- 2.8 8. Snow Joe SJ625E Electric Single Stage Snow Thrower
- 2.9 9. WORX WG650 13 Amp 18″ Electric Snow Thrower
- 2.10 10. Snow Joe SJ622E Electric Single Stage Snow Thrower
- 3 Features to Consider When Purchasing A Snow Blower
- 4 What to Look for In A Best Snow Blower
Top 5 Snow Blowers Comparison Chart
How We Choose Our Ratings
In our extensive research, we carefully chose top-rated snow blowers that will best fulfill all your snow blowing needs. We read a lot of snow blower reviews online and observed what customers, professionals, and industry insiders were saying to get a better understanding of the problems that consumers were facing.
This gave us an opportunity to get a deeper understanding of the use and maintenance of these powerful machines so that we can share that knowledge with you.
Top 10 Best Snow Blowers Reviews
Sometimes, it can be daunting to know what makes a good snowblower brand, starting from the construction, design, overall size, maneuverability, and the right amount of fuel to power it. You can’t determine the best snow blower brand by just looking at its size.
There are some areas that will normally affect the overall performance of your device more than others including motor size, snow clearing capacity, and clearance width. Design and other manufacturing issues can also affect their performance. Our review, which is one of the best snow blower reviews 2019, will evaluate the best-rated snow blowers, their features, as well as their capabilities. So that next time whether you’re clearing a long walkway or a small driveway, you’ll be able to throw snow with accuracy.
Below is a list of the best snow blowers for the money, including compact models, and specific recommendations for hilly, paved, or flat areas:
1. Toro 38381 18-Inch 15 Amp Electric 1800 Power Curve Snow Blower
Even though there are many Toro snow master reviews, choosing a snow blower can be more daunting. In this Toro snow blower review, we will help you understand exactly the power tool you need, its benefits, and drawbacks.
- Toro 38381 has a slight curve to its chute, which helps prevent clogging.
- It is light in weight. At only 24 pounds.
- Its 6-inch wheels make it easy to move it.
- It is very fast, at 700 pounds of snow per minute.
- Toro Power Curve has an 18-inch clearance.
- It has a 12-inch intake. Which means it can cut through 1 foot of snow.
- It is equipped with a zip deflector which allows you to throw the snow upward or downwards, closer or further.
- It can throw the snow up to 30 feet.
- Easy maneuverability
- 15 amps of power.
- It comes with a 2-year warranty.
- You’ll be required to purchase a 10- or 12-gauge heavy-duty cord that’s rated for 15 or 20 amps. Make sure it’s specially designed for low temperatures to keep them flexible in winter.
2. Snow Joe iON18SB Cordless Single Stage Snow Blower
Snow Joe iON18SB is Ideal for removing snow from your driveways, walkways, and decks, it is the first single stage snow thrower to provide easy and convenient cordless operation.
- Light in weight to easily clear driveways, sidewalks, and decks
- No gas, oil, pull cords, tune-ups, tangled extension cords, or carbon emissions
- 40 V iONMAX 4.0 Ah rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides up to 50 minutes run time
- 180° auto-rotate directional chute can throw snow up to 20 ft
- It has a steel auger with 2 rubber blades which can move up to 500 lbs. of snow in one minute. It can cut a path 18-inch-wide X 8-inch-deep without damaging the surface being worked on
- 3 Watts LED headlight increases visibility when clearing the snow when there is no enough light
- It is ETL approved and comes with a full 2-year warranty
- It is easy to carry with a total weight of 32 Ibs.
- Its LED headlights make it easy to clear snow even when it is dark outside.
- It has a rubber scraper bar that allows you to clear snow without damaging your pavement or deck.
- The battery is a bit heavy.
3. Greenworks 20-Inch 12 Amp Corded Snow Thrower
This environmentally friendly power tool has a single-stage system and electric motor. Which enables it to remove snow from smooth and hard surfaces.
- Requires very little maintenance and care.
- Its electric start makes it easy to start the motor instantly.
- It has a specially designed cord lock which keeps the cord in place.
- It has a rubber-covered auger that is made of steel, which makes it durable.
- You can rotate it to 180º.
- It has a specially designed lever underneath the steering handle.
- It has a deflector which you can easily adjust to determine the level at which you want the snow thrown.
- The machine has large radial wheels with a diameter of 16 inches.
- The Greenworks 26032 can be set to three different positions.
- It is light in weight and weighs 37 pounds.
- It is compact and light
- Easy to use
- Green in color
- Very efficient
- Durable and reliable
- It comes with a 4-year warranty
- The user guide can be a bit vague for people who are not tech-savvy.
- The chute tends to freeze in one direction when temperatures are very low, and you allow a lot of snow to pass through it
4. Greenworks 20-Inch 13 Amp Corded Snow Thrower
Greenworks corded snow blower is the perfect gas free snow thrower for small to medium size yards. It allows you to clear your pathways and driveways quickly, saving you time.
- The machine delivers powerful results for gas alternative
- It has an adjustable 180º directional chute
- It has 7-inch wheels for movement and maneuverability
- Greenwork 13 amp has 20-inch clearing path and a 10-inch clearing depth
- Its electric start makes it easy to operate
- Its dual LEDs increases visibility any time of day
- It has a 13-amp motor that delivers powerful results.
- Its adjustable 180-degree directional chute makes it easy to clear the snow.
- Powerful dual LED lights that increase visibility which allows you to clear snow when there is not enough light outside.
- Can discharge snow up to 20-feet.
- It can only work on 120 volts.
5. Snow Joe SJ623E Electric Single Stage Snow Thrower
This powerful tool can move up to 720 pounds of in one minute. The scraper blade effectively scrapes the snow without damaging the deck or pavement. This fully-loaded unit has an onboard 20 Watt halogen headlight to help you clear the driveways and pathways during the day or night. It is eco-friendly and requires no maintenance.
- Perfect for removing snow in mid-to-large sized walkways and driveways
- No oil, gas, or tune-ups make it easy to maintain
- It has 180° adjustable directional chute that can throw snow up to 25 ft
- 20 Watt halogen light enables you to clear paths day or night
- Compact wheels for easy movement and maneuverability
- Its 4-blade rotor can cut 18-inch-wide by 10-inch-deep snow with every pass.
- The easy-glide wheels make it easy to turn and maneuver.
- Its on-board chute clean-out tool enables you to free up your clogged chute during snow jam.
- ETL approved and comes with a full 2-year warranty.
- It does not come with a cord.
6. Greenworks PRO 20-Inch 80V Cordless Snow Thrower
Perfect for clearing snow from driveways, patios, and sidewalks. This Green Pro 80-Volt snow thrower is powered by an 80-volt Li-ion battery which offers easy and convenient operation.
- It has LED lights to increase visibility when it is dark outside
- 80V powered, industry highest voltage
- Quiet electric motor
- Perfect gas replacement, no mixing of oil, gas, or draining for storage.
- DIY and ready to use the snow thrower
- Compact design for easy storage
- Weight: 22.4 lbs.
- Compatible with 80V batteries, models GBA80400, GBA80200, and BCH80
- Provides up to 45-minute runtime when fully charged.
- Digital controlled the brushless motor for longer life, longer runtime, and quiet operation.
- Its 20-inch clearing path and 10-inch clearing depth enable you to quickly clear your sidewalks, patio, and driveway.
- Its 180°-degree rotating chute Provides up to 20-foot discharge.
- Easy storage or transportation.
- Easy to maneuver.
- Comes with a 2.0 Ah battery and charger.
- 25-30 min runtime when pushing very heavy snow.
7. Snow Joe SJ621 Electric Single Stage Snow Thrower
This electric snow thrower has a 13.5-amp electric motor. Some of its outstanding features include steel rotor, electric start, deflector made from strong plastic, and adjustable chute.
- Its 13.5-amp electric motor is more powerful and performs well.
- The machine and its motor require easy maintenance and care.
- It is easy to start due to its instant start technology.
- The rotor is made from heavy-duty steel and has four blades which make it easy to break the snow and pick it up.
- The chute can be rotated to 180º.
- It has a 20-watt halogen light that enables you to clean the snow from walkways and driveways even when it is dark outside.
- Its ergonomic steering handle gives you firmer control, comfort, and convenience when operating the machine.
- Snow Joe SJ621 is light in weight. Which makes it easy to handle, move, and store.
- Compact and light
- Requires only basic care and maintenance
- Easy to start and to operate
- Full two-year warranty
- The electric cord may get disconnected many times due to strong vibration.
- You may be required to brush the light many times as it keeps getting covered with snow.
8. Snow Joe SJ625E Electric Single Stage Snow Thrower
Snow Joe SJ625E is ideal for small jobs. Its scrapper blade scrapes the snow without damaging your pavement or deck. It is completely maintenance free which makes it the best small snow blower.
- Perfect for quick snow pickups on mid-sized walkways and driveways
- No oil, gas, or tune-ups make it easy to start and maintain
- 4-blade steel auger can cut 18 in. wide by 10 in. deep with every pass
- Compact wheels make it easy to move and maneuver
- It has 180° adjustable directional chute which enables it to throw snow up to 20 ft
- Snow Joe SJ625E has a 20 Watt halogen light that enables you to clear driveways and pathways when it is dark outside
- It can remove more than 650 pounds of snow per minute.
- It can discharge snow up to a distance of 20 feet.
- The snow thrower can work perfectly on powdery snow, as well as heavy snow.
- It is ETL approved and comes with a full 2-year warranty.
- You may have to buy an extension cord. Make sure you get one that is 12 gauge and rated at 15 amps. Specially designed for cold weather.
9. WORX WG650 13 Amp 18″ Electric Snow Thrower
The main features of this model include an electric start, wheels, chute, adjustable handle, and smartly designed steel anger.
- The 13-amp electric motor is sufficiently powerful due to its ability to use electricity automatically
- The auger is made from steel. Which means it will never rust or get deformed.
- It has a chute with a standard width and you can rotate it at 180 degrees.
- The chute direction control can be mounted at the handlebar for convenience.
- The adjustable handle can be adjusted to three different positions.
- The handle can be folded.
- The wheels are wide and compact which makes it more maneuverable and easier to control.
- It allows you to enjoy greater stability when working with it. Which makes it easy to move fast and get the job done.
- Compact and very light
- Very easy and comfortable to use
- Versatile and flexible
- Easy storage
- Comes with a 1-year warranty
- Some people may find it difficult to assemble this snow blower.
- You may be forced to have a heavy-duty power chord to power the motor.
10. Snow Joe SJ622E Electric Single Stage Snow Thrower
Snow Joe SJ622E Electric is the biggest single stage snow blower in the market.
- Ideal for walkways and mid-sized driveways
- Best snow blower for large driveway
- Its no oil, gas, or tune-ups make it easy to start and maintain
- Its 4-blade auger can cut 18-inch wide by10 inches deep with every pass
- Snow Joe powerful 15-amp motor can move up to 720 lbs. of snow per minute
- It has compact wheels which makes the machine easy to maneuver
- It is equipped with a universal chute clean-out tool to enable you to remove snow build-up
- Snow Joe has a scraper blade at its base which efficiently scrapes the swath of snow clear to the ground without the risk of damaging your deck or pavement.
- The easy-glide wheels make it easy to turn and maneuver. Which makes Snow Joe one of the best single stage snow blower.
- The machine is equipped with a 180º adjustable discharge chute.
- It can throw snow up to 25 feet away.
- Snow Joe is ETL approved and has a full 2-year warranty.
- It may not perform well when you allow snow to stick in the chute.
Features to Consider When Purchasing A Snow Blower
Electric starter – This is a far better choice than pull cords. Most gas snow blowers are equipped with electric starters.
Gas engine – They are a better option than electric models. Gas engines are more powerful and suitable for large areas.
Speed settings – A wide range of speed controls lets you set the pace of the snow thrower depending on the snow.
Size of the blower – Looking at the height and width can help you determine the amount of snow a snow blower can take in.
Single-hand mechanism – A machine that can be operated with one hand is a lot easier to start and maneuver.
Chute control – Enables you to make proper adjustments, allowing you to send snow in the direction you want it.
Power steering – Power steering helps you to maneuver and move with ease during the snow clearing process.
Robust tires – Provides high levels of traction, especially in uneven surfaces and rough terrain.
Headlight – They increase visibility especially at night or during the Early hours of the morning.
Drift cutters – They cut through the thickest snow and make it easy for you to move through faster.
Heated handles – They keep your hands warm during the cold winter months.
What to Look for In A Best Snow Blower
You may be aware of the key functionalities, features, and other important factors when choosing a snow thrower, but you must consider its intended use and the cost of maintenance. It is important to know that some blowers can be very demanding, therefore, you need to purchase a machine that is suitable for your needs and budget.
Types of snow blowers
There are three kinds of snow blowers; single-stage, two-stage, and three-stage snow throwers. These snow blowing devices are all designed to perform almost the same job. Each of them has its own advantages and disadvantages. What makes the difference is their operating parameters and the strength of their motor.
Single-stage snow blowers
The single-stage snow thrower is suitable for small scale areas with less than 8 inches of snow. It is much easier to handle, lighter, and compact.
It is divided into three types:
- Corded electric – This type of blower requires a cord. However, the power cord makes them rigid and difficult to maneuver.
- Cordless electric – These are cordless and more flexible snow blowers.
- Gas blowers – These are the most reliable. They provide extreme mobility and are capable of clearing a much larger space due to their powerful engine. They are suitable for people with large areas.
Two-stage snow blowers
They can handle snow that is less than 8 inches, these gas models feature a heavy-duty engine and robust wheels. They have the ability to clear larger areas of snow with rougher surfaces.
Three-stage snow blowers
These snow blowers are backed up by gas and have powerful engines that enable them to work a lot faster. They are suitable for people with large yards or small businesses.
When you purchase a snow blowing machine, you need to properly maintain it so that it can last for many years. Safety is paramount for anyone operating a snow thrower. Also, you need adjustable skid shoes to add height to your machine to clear small objects. This way, you can avoid jamming the snow blower or expel hard debris and rocks out of your snow throwing machine.
Other considerations when choosing the best snow blower
- Warranty & Support
When choosing the best snow blower, consider the one that best suits your needs. Good snow blowers are those that get the job done with less physical labor. In this extensive research, we tried to come up with the user-friendly, high performance, and most durable snow blowing machines on the market.
Snow throwers are a great investment, especially for people who live in places with high snowfalls. They save you time and effort. Gone are the days when people relied on shovels to remove snow from their pathways and driveways.
Whether you need a single-stage, two-stage, or three-stage snow blowers, you need to look for a machine that will clear the snow without burdening you with too much physical work. To achieve this, you need a durable snow blower that is easy to handle and can clear the snowfall throughout the season.
Have you been looking for a snow blower? Well, snow throwers are in high demand, and you can buy your favorite machine without breaking the bank. These are the best snow blowers on the market to fit all your snow throwing needs.